Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto on ipad no longer sees my photostream since IOS 7 upgrade

iPhoto on my ipad no longer sees my photostream in the albums page of the iPhoto app since IOS 7 upgrade??

I can see my photostream and shared photostreams in the ordinary Apple photo app on the iPad. Prior to IOS 7, all these photostreams were visible in the iPhoto app's albums page. What has changed? Its' most annoying as I was relying on my photostream in the iPhoto app as my source of photos for my journals.

Any suggestions please???

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 5:30 PM

2 replies

Sep 29, 2013 5:02 PM in response to Billf12a

I've just noticed that on both our IOS 7 iphone 4s, the iPhoto app now cannot see the photostream as well. Like the iPad, photostream is visible in the IOS 7 Photo app.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the iPhoto app as well as turning photostream off then back on in settings to no avail.

I'm reaching the conclusion that Apple in their wisdom have removed the ability of iPhoto IOS 7 app to use my photostream. This makes it pretty lame in comparison to the IOS 6 version.

Has anyone else noticed this change on their IOS 7 iPhoto app?

Sep 30, 2013 12:16 AM in response to Billf12a

I've just had a long chat with Applecare in Colorado. Very helpful they were.

I can confirm that the "new" IOS 7 version of iPhoto app on all IOS devises does not support your my photostream nor any of your pre IOS 7 upgrade shared photostreams.

Any new post IOS 7 upgrade shared photostreams will be visible in the iphoto app. I have tested it and it works fine. But all your pre IOS 7 shared photostreams and existing my photostream remain invisible to post IOS 7 iPhoto app.

This "improvement" to iPhoto on IOS devises is now a lame duck. Why ! I'm now on the lookout for a better photo journalling app for my iPad.

iphoto on ipad no longer sees my photostream since IOS 7 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.