Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No contact names for imessage after ios7 upgrade on ipad

Hi,

Just updated my ipad for the ios7, and now, for some of my contacts, I just have their phone number that appears for imessage. For some of them I have their name as before.

When i got the message notification the contact name apears correctly...

Any ideas on how to fix that bug ? Thanks...

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 5:51 PM

36 replies

Sep 28, 2013 7:18 AM in response to project4x

I think the iMessage App mismatches the phone number notation with the Contacts App on iPad. Maybe it's a bug in iOS 7.x.x, I don't know.

OK, I think I found a solution:

My language of the iPad is different from the language I speak. Hence the notation of phone numbers is also different.

Your Apple ID is used in a certain country with its own notation of phone numbers: Settings>Messages>Send&Receive>Apple ID. Tap your Apple ID and then tap Change Location to find out which locattion iMessage set to.

Then go to Settings>General>International>Language. Set the language according to your language iMessage is set to. Also, change the Region Format to the location of iMessage.

Restart the iPad and for my all my contact names appeared, instead of their phone numbers. Now all is set and you can change your language and region format back, still keeping your contact names in iMessage.

Hope this helps.

Oct 27, 2013 1:16 AM in response to project4x

This helped me, thanks! Important to note that it took a moment to work, and I closed and reopened imessage before there was a change. Thanks a lot!

project4x wrote:

I think the iMessage App mismatches the phone number notation with the Contacts App on iPad. Maybe it's a bug in iOS 7.x.x, I don't know.

OK, I think I found a solution:

My language of the iPad is different from the language I speak. Hence the notation of phone numbers is also different.

Your Apple ID is used in a certain country with its own notation of phone numbers: Settings>Messages>Send&Receive>Apple ID. Tap your Apple ID and then tap Change Location to find out which locattion iMessage set to.

Then go to Settings>General>International>Language. Set the language according to your language iMessage is set to. Also, change the Region Format to the location of iMessage.

Restart the iPad and for my all my contact names appeared, instead of their phone numbers. Now all is set and you can change your language and region format back, still keeping your contact names in iMessage.

Hope this helps.

No contact names for imessage after ios7 upgrade on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.