Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot swipe to unlock my iPhone 4S screen

I was texting in class and a couple minutes later when I went to unlock my phone it wouldn't let me swipe. I thought, no big deal, I wiped the screen off and tried again, still no response. I started to panic, I removed my case and screen protector and still could not swipe to bring up the screen to unlock my phone. The odd thing is on my lock screen I can swipe down to bring up the notifications and swipe up from the bottom to bring up the utilities. I also found it strange that when I used Siri to make a call I could press the speakerphone and keypad buttons. During the call I tried to press contacts, this brought me to the screen to unlock my phone (finally!) but it wouldn't let me press any of the numbers! It's been like this for an hour. Soon I'm going to let it die and leave it off for like an hour and see if that helps, if it doesn't could someone please try and help!!!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 5:28 PM

3 replies

Oct 25, 2013 6:44 AM in response to xprincesae

Very similar problem for me.

iPhone will allow virtical swipes from the lock screen to access either the notificaiton center or the quick access panel. The swipe control is available across the length of the screen, but no sideways swipes or button presses.

Becuase I can control a swipe across the entire screen I am not convinved that it is a hardware issue.

This is the second time this has happened.

I have to restart the phone, or if there is plenty of battery, restore the phone to the last back up to get it working again.

I would appriciate any advice!

I cannot swipe to unlock my iPhone 4S screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.