Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sim card stuck in 4s iphone without sim tray how to remove?

My daughter brilliantly decided to remove Sim card and replaced it back in the 4S iphone withOUT the sim tray! Does anyone know how to get the sim chip back out? THANK YOU!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 6:40 PM

If the SIM Card is still in the SIM bay area, very thin (needle nose tweezers), or carefully manipulated with a thin pin. If not careful permanent damage to the SIM bay or the Logic Board can occur. If the SIM Card has slipped deeper into the iPhone, the iPhone will have to be take apart to remove it. Make Genius reservation and take to Apple Store for help.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2013 6:40 PM in response to mendocinoblue

If the SIM Card is still in the SIM bay area, very thin (needle nose tweezers), or carefully manipulated with a thin pin. If not careful permanent damage to the SIM bay or the Logic Board can occur. If the SIM Card has slipped deeper into the iPhone, the iPhone will have to be take apart to remove it. Make Genius reservation and take to Apple Store for help.

Sep 27, 2013 4:42 PM in response to brad805

Thanks for your reply, Brad 805. After trying the method, though, I really didn't want to push things. I live in a remote area, but yesterday went into a city. Unfortunately the 'Mac Shop' there does not deal phones! Went to my provider who didn't have a clue what to do except send it back to Apple (which I am sure would have been 'pricey'). I mentioned it to my dr because I had missed and appt (in the iPhone calendar) and she suggested this shop where they dealt with solar panels but had a fellow in the back who 'fixed iphones. WHAT a godsend he was!!!! Very young fellow but knew his stuff. He even showed me how to do it!!!! You cut a thin strip off the bottom of one of those stick on screen protectors (slightly narrower than the SIM slot). You put the sticky part against the SIM...insert it into the slot....pull it out...and VOILA there is your SIM stuck to the screen protector strip. He was MAGIC and didn't even charge me!!! Hope this helps someone else as everywhere else I went (even a computer repair shop).

Jan 13, 2015 1:10 PM in response to mendocinoblue

THAT was exactly the answer i was looking for! My girlfriend had the same issue, and after visiting the apple store where they said there was nothing to do, I went home and tried with a piece of sticky paper (from one of the things they put on your Checked luggage at the airport).

Initially it worked as intended, but the card got stuck on the edge of the sim-card slot. A clothes pin did the job for that last part.

Thanks a million for the idea!

May 28, 2015 5:20 AM in response to mendocinoblue

With the iPhone 6 the slot is even smaller and narrower making this even more fun.

The best thing to do is to take it to an Apple Genius Bar.

Do NOT try this next part. You will likely damage your iPhone. It's stupid. Don't do it. You're compounding an already stupid mistake to try this.

But here's what I did:

I could see the edge of the SIM card.

I took a pin (a pin, not a needle, the are harder and tend to break) and bent the end into a right-angle. So there was about 4mm of it at an angle.

I took a drop of Superglue (Stop reading. Go to the Genius Bar, now). and placed it on some paper (away from the precious phone!).

I dipped the end part of the needle into it. And waited. I waited about 30 seconds. I dipped it again until it was getting tacky (reduced chance of dripping into the iPhone, and also a reasonable coating of glue).

I carefully put the pin into the SIM slot and guessed that the pin was along the edge of the stuck SIM.

I pressed a little.

I stayed very, very still.

I waited.

I waited for two minutes.

I let go of the pin and then very, very slowly dragged it directly (not at any kind of angle) out of the iPhone, with the SIM attached.

Really. Go to the Genius Bar. Don't listen to crazy Internet people talking about putting Superglue coated things into your iPhone.

User uploaded file

Nov 5, 2015 6:36 AM in response to RedYetiDave

I was getting really desperate and found this thread, so I decided to give the super glue thing a shot... AND IT WORKED!!! Instead of using a pin, I used kind of a thick plastic that was thin enough to fit through the slot. I applied pressure to the stuck sim card for about 2 minutes, then pulled it out, and voila!! Thank you so much!

Apr 8, 2016 2:22 PM in response to RedYetiDave

RedYetiDave,

You saved my life, after searching online and trying to pull the sim out with tweezers, needles etc. but with no luck.

Made an appointment @ the Apple Genius bar, and after they tried opening the phone up, they informed me that they were unsuccessful in getting the sim out 😠

I had lost all of my hope, but did some more research online and arrived at this post. I went and bought superglue, and tried your method. Couldn't believe when the sim started coming out.

You are a life-saver !!

Apr 21, 2016 2:46 PM in response to mendocinoblue

1. use a very thin paper clip (Not thick, as you may risk damaging the parts) to wiggle the sim

2. Try to pull it out a bit by sticking the paperclip under the sim. If you can't wiggle it more.

3. You will need another papercilp. Stick it on top of the sim be careful not to damage the lcd. Push it a little but lower, don't push too hard, keep the papercip inside (That's why using a vacuum cleaner won't work)

4. Repeat step 2 to pull the sim out. If you can't repeat step 3

5. Use your finger to pull the sim out.

sim card stuck in 4s iphone without sim tray how to remove?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.