Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand crashes when I try to use .sf2

I dragged a 3rd party .sf2 file into the appropriate library folder. GarageBand can recognize it, but when I try to load, GB crashes. It's a drum kit. I'm running a brand new MacBook Pro (bought in mid-September) with the latest lion OS 10.8.5, and an Intel processor. I'm new to the Mac world an in general am finding everything difficult! (Example: The library folder is hidden, and if you search on "library" you get no results. You have to know to type ~/Library, which is hardly self-evident.)

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 6:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 11:35 PM

Unhide your library permanently or drag the library folder to the Finder's sidebar:

To unhide the User Library open the Terminal app (in Applications > Utilities) and type and copy and paste

chflags nohidden ~/Library

into the Terminal.

Sorry, I have no idea why your soundfont is incompatible.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2013 11:35 PM in response to penvox

Unhide your library permanently or drag the library folder to the Finder's sidebar:

To unhide the User Library open the Terminal app (in Applications > Utilities) and type and copy and paste

chflags nohidden ~/Library

into the Terminal.

Sorry, I have no idea why your soundfont is incompatible.

GarageBand crashes when I try to use .sf2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.