Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get iCloud to actually sync podcasts?

I've turned on podcast syncing on all my devices. Here's what they all currently say I have available:

Mac (iTunes): 41 podcasts, 1 station

iPhone: 25 podcasts, 5 stations

iPad: 13 podcasts, 5 stations

Apple TV (the new 6.0): 0 podcasts, 4 stations (huh?)

Good grief. What incantation do I need to chant to make this actually work?

Many thanks,

Jeff

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 6:26 PM

3 replies

Sep 29, 2013 12:22 AM in response to tedmonson

Basically the same thing here as well. Since upgrading my Apple TV to version 6, syncing of podcasts are hit and miss (mostly miss). Prior to version 6, I kept video podcasts on my Apple TV and audio podcasts on my iOS devices for the most part. Since the new syncing feature in version 6, my audio podcasts show up on my Apple TV about 10 or 20% of the time when displaying my podcasts.

I don't know when it actually syncs, but I do wish there was a way to manual refresh the sync. Often I will see new podcast episodes showing up on iTunes on my Mac, but not on the Apple TV.

And when they do sync, the accuracy is horrendous.

I hope Apple fixes this ASAP. I was excited to see that syncing across devices were added to version 6 of the Apple TV but I have been terribly disappointed by the results so far.

How do I get iCloud to actually sync podcasts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.