Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks Store does not work with i07! All I get is a blank page. Anyone else?

Big Problem: now that I have updated to i07 on my iPhone and iPad, I cannot get to the iBooks online Store to make purchases. All I get is a blank screen. Somebody told me that Apple has yet to introduce an iBooks update for the app. I can't believe this. Apple must be losing millions of dollars$ every day! Cannot get a definitive answer from anyone I have contacted. Here's hoping that someone else has a solution to the problem.

iPad 2, iOS 7, Never had this problem before

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 6:56 PM

2 replies

Oct 2, 2013 7:17 AM in response to mwski

Perform a Reset on the iPad (different from just restarting).

Hold down on both the Sleep and Home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears. When you see the Apple logo on the black screen, let go of the buttons.

After the reset, go to "Settings" then "iBooks". Go to "online content" and turn it on. Try downloading from iBooks again.

If that doesn't work, go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings. When done, turn your iPad off (hold the Sleep button down for several seconds. When the red slider appears, switch it off. Wait a few seconds and then press and hold the Sleep button for 1-2 seconds and let go). After the reboot you will need to reconnect your Wi-Fi, log back in to App Store, iBook Store, and iTunes. Try downloading content again.

Side note… To use the Dictionary in iBooks, hit the Manage button in lower left of the pop-up window and select the dictionary you'd like to download.

Hope this fixes the iBooks issue!

~Joe

iBooks Store does not work with i07! All I get is a blank page. Anyone else?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.