Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My spirit level in the compass app on my new black iphone 5s is out of level. My iphone 5 works perfectly.

The spirit level on my new black 5s is not accurate.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 8:22 PM

14 replies

Oct 4, 2013 10:03 AM in response to Sheffs

My compass is off by about 12 degrees after performing a calibration. The compass also seems to easily get interference. It is quite often off by random amounts. In one instance it was off by 180 degrees.

The level is off by 4 degrees when the 5S is placed on a known level surface. An iPhone 4S placed on the same surface read zero degrees.

iPhone 5S 16 GB space grey

iOS 7.0.2

Oct 23, 2013 12:42 PM in response to JohnGeero

Now, whenever I start up the Compas app, I have to recalibrate. Once I've recalibrated it works OK--off by -1 degree. But I need to do this whenever I restart the app--so what exactly has been fixed? Seems to me it's the app, not the underlying problem.

Has anyone experimented with a game--like a driving game--that was messed up by the poorly calibrated sensors? So far I'm not convinced that this problem has been solved, despite what the bloggers are saying.

jca

My spirit level in the compass app on my new black iphone 5s is out of level. My iphone 5 works perfectly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.