Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

epub file for ibooks

Is it possible to upload the epub file which was made by other software program.

For example, I had samsung computer, then i made epub file with eBook stylist 1.0 Beta. and tranfer it to Mac Book Pro and upload it using iTunes producer??

Is there anyone who had successful story??

and If you are, what program did you use for epub file??

If nobody were there, is this only way to make epub file using the ibook author??

Windows 7, ibooks author, iTunes producer

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 10:25 PM

5 replies

Sep 26, 2013 6:30 AM in response to byung woo

byung woo wrote:

is this only way to make epub file using the ibook author??

iBooks Author cannot make epub files, only the special Apple .ibooks format.

The Apple app for .epub is Pages.

You should be able to upload .epub made with other apps if you follow Apple's requirements. Many people use InDesign or Sigil, etc.

You must have a Mac to upload directly. Otherwise you have to use an Aggregator like Smashwords.

Are you having a specific problem?

Sep 27, 2013 11:53 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Yes, I did try to upload my epub file on ibooks store, but it was failed with this messages.

- Apple’s web service operation was not successful

-Unable to authenticate the package: Mind.itmsp

So, i was searching for solving this problem on Apple Support Communities .

but there was no exact answer to solve this problem.

I made this epub file using ebook stylist with my samsung computer and transfer this file to my friend's Mac Pro.

then had the failed results like above.

I used this epub file when I uploaded it on amazon kindle and google play which mean they have no problem on its own.

Is there any successful story to upload the epub file which was made with other software program without Mac?

I'd like to figure it out what the problem is.

Thank you.

epub file for ibooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.