Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Configurator 1.4 won't update apps on device?

I have just upgraded to the new version of apple configurator 1.4. The previous version allowed me to update an app on a device to a new or older version without having to delete the app and all of its contents from the device before hand. This was useful as the contents of the app are over 4GB which takes a long time to replace.

The new version of configurator doesn't seem to recognise that I want it to replace the current version of an app with a different one. When I click "prepare" a message is instantly displayed saying complete when actually nothing happens. Is this a known problem? Does anybody know a way around it?

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 1:05 AM

There are no replies.

Apple Configurator 1.4 won't update apps on device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.