Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my credit card keeps on being rejected. why?

my billing address is Portugal and so my store location. In order to avoid to put my credit card, i created a bunch of virtual credit cards on ATM (in Portugal is totally legit, dont worry). The virtual credit cards were doing their jobs, when iTunes starts to ask about my billing information.

As usual, I created another card and introduced its number and CVC or CVV. But it keeps being rejected, not because the information is wrong or incomplete, but the error message that it shows is something like " to get help, please visit iTunes support in www.apple.com/pt/support/itunes" (forget the link, is in portuguese and the support its not that useful). Meanwhile, I checked my billing info and I have a debt of 5,54€, because i passed the virtual credit card limit, which was 5€.

I already raised the limit and created some new cards to pay the debt and to have some money to keep purchasing, but all my cards get rejected by the iTunes support message. I already sent an email to Apple Support, I've talked with my bank and the service is operational and going. i already tried to change biiling info like my name and box office, in order to somehow match iCloud and my bank info (which is odd cause i give the same info to all 3 of them).

help is required cause my OCD can't stand so much red app icons pending to be updated.

thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 3:32 AM

3 replies

Sep 26, 2013 4:10 AM in response to Keith Doherty3

The thing is I don't own a real credit card, only a debit one. And in Portugal, iTunes only accepts credit cards or this virtual cards. You may have a point about the fraud thing but this is a very popular way of paying in Portugal. And all the cards before this one worked fine. It may be connected with the debt but I don't know. Normally if you have a debt on iTunes, all you have to do is to insert other card to pay the debt. My fear is that iTunes support ignore my problem due to this strange procedure of virtual credit cards, when I can pay the debt. And now that I recall it, I tried to insert a real MasterCard from a friend of mine and it didn't work

Apr 15, 2014 6:31 AM in response to amimoura

So I have been trying to use an EntroPay virtual credit card for my Apple iTunes account but would not accept it. I contacted Apple and finally got the following reply stating that I can buy a gift card with it but it won't work directly with the itunes account.

" In reviewing the challenge that is occurring for you with the card you are using I need to advise that the prepaid cards, while they sometimes work, they do not always work as they do not bill properly like a credit card and will not allow pre-authorization charges and other types of charges to be processed and with this, cannot be verified and used on iTunes.

Apple would be happy to accept the card and allow it but the card itself will not allow this as it won't allow the proper billing. The great news is you can log into apple.com/store and purchase a iTunes gift card with a prepaid card and put it on you're account and use the funds that way. Or you can use another type of billing method."

my credit card keeps on being rejected. why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.