Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a bug with ios7 screenshot?

Having opened the ipad, the first time i take a screenshot the ipad2 crashes & shots down. If i then reopen the ipad & take another screenshot it works fine... & can take as many pics as I like. If I then close the ipad & open it & try to take another screenshot it crashes again ...

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 4:22 AM

16 replies

Sep 26, 2013 4:24 AM in response to AdrianLKB

Try to reset the device. It can help to clear up odd issues that can crop up.

*Device reset*

Device Reset (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)

1. Press and hold (& continue to hold) BOTH the Sleep/Wake button & the Home button.

2. Continue to hold BOTH (ignoring any other messages that may show) until you see the Apple logo on the screen.

3. Release BOTH buttons when you see the Apple logo and allow the device to boot normally.

Sep 26, 2013 7:37 AM in response to AdrianLKB

AdrianLKB wrote:

It is clearly a bug with ios7 - I'l report it & I presume Apple will add to their list.

A shame they don't do a proper beta test rather than letting their users be guinea pigs. I dont mind with cheap products but expect better from Apple...

hey ho

Since the issue seems to be isolated to you - I have no issues whatsover takling screen shots with any of the three devices running iOS 7, nor does anyone I know - no, its not a bug. And not something Apple's testing would have necessarily uncovered, or that would be fixed in an update. If the reset described above doesn't work, you might consider a restore.

Is there a bug with ios7 screenshot?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.