Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reselecting to trust a computer in OS7 for iPhone 4S

Just upgraded to iOS7. When I reconnected to sync, the trust/don't trust question came up. I inadvertently selected don't trust (distracted, and generally affirmative responses are to the right, not left.) Now I can't sync with my computer because it doesn't prompt me again when I reconnect, seems the setting has stuck. How do I change this setting?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 4:07 AM

13 replies

Sep 26, 2013 4:51 AM in response to wjosten

I got the trust question once only and doesn't prompt again. I have since deselected the use of a password, makes no difference. I restarted the iPhone, no difference. I'm on a MAC computer, my iTunes is v11.1 fully updated. Can't get the trust question to reappear so I can select differently, and there's no choice in settings that I can find.

Sep 26, 2013 5:03 AM in response to wjosten

Yes actually, it does show up and I was able to manually sync and backup.

In ITunes, I tried resetting warnings, but didn't create the prompt again. At least I can sync and back up manually, even if it no longer launches iTunes automatically. Not ideal, but I'm happy. Hopefully they'll fix some of the bugs going forward (some of my apps don't work with the new OS!)

Thank you for your suggestion - that helped very much!

Dec 19, 2013 7:25 PM in response to Joyess22

Did you get your answer? I am having the exact same issue as you since this morning when I accidently clicked on Don't Trust. I can't get the Trust this Computer Alert to come up again. I turned off "block popups", cleared cookies, restarted the iPhone4 and AirBook Mac, and still it doesn't come up again. When I connect the iPhone to the Mac and open iPhoto, the phone is connected but the data (photos on the phone) are not accessible. I am trying to get the photos off the phone and onto the Mac. Thanks.

Mar 14, 2014 12:21 PM in response to Joyess22

after restarting my iphone and my computer, i tried using image capture again and it still would not recognize my phone after i accidentally clicked DONT TRUST. i then opened up itunes and iTunes asked me if i wanted to trust and the prompt on my phone popped up and i selected TRUST this time and then opened image capture and my pictures were there. hope this helped.

Reselecting to trust a computer in OS7 for iPhone 4S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.