Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing itunes64.msi fixed

I used to have a problem of missing itunes64.msi file on my Windows 7 computer and getting annoyed for ages.

Today I got it fixed with an apple support team member.

Let's share the solution for Windows 7 below so the ones who have been struggling with update of your itunes can try, hope it helps.

Go to http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/

1. Click Windows.

2. Click Install or upgrade software or hardware --> "Install or remove programs" at the right hand side

3. Click "RUN NOW" on "Fix problems with programs that can't be installed or uninstalled"

4. Click install and accept terms and conditions.

Choose Detect problems and let me select the fixes to apply.

Click uninstalling.

Select Apple application support, Apple mobile device support and Bonjour. (can't uninstall three of them all at once, have to do them separately)

***Don't need to uninstall ALL apple programs such as iClouds, apple software update as I'm told that they are not separate from iTunes so removal of them is not going to affect itunes.

Now one more step after you have uninstalled them, you now go to http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/?ref=http://itunes.com and download the latest version of itunes!

A kind reminder that restart your computer then the installation is complete, Congratulations!

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7, For windows 7

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 4:09 AM

11 replies

Oct 21, 2014 1:17 PM in response to foreverfriend

Can I put my two-cents in and update the above instructions from Foreverfriend?

I am running Windows 7, 64bit and was having this very problem and tried everything. I tried the above, however, it didn't work. The second time I tried, I decided to uninstall EVERYTHING that is Apple-related. Yes, even iCloud, apple software update, etc....and voila! It worked! Since the original post is from September, 2013, I am thinking that there may have been updates since then (apple or microsoft) that won't allow you to pick and choose which programs to uninstall. Anyway, I feel its always better to do a full uninstall and then reinstall.

Just remember to uninstall everything using the fix - don't try to do it manually on Windows 7 because some files are stubborn and won't uninstall! LOL! Good luck everyone!!

Dec 4, 2014 4:36 PM in response to turingtest2

thanks to all of you for the help.

I had this message for at least a year. it did not matter to functionality UNTIL I stupidly updated the OS on my phone....then I HAD to update iTunes and all **** hit the fan.

I followed the first fix on just the one system, no work

I called apple twice, they were WORTHLESS

I went to Microsoft help (they blame each other) on line and did what they said, no help.

I used the info from the youtube fix (go to run / regedit/ find 'iTunes64.msi' and then delete it

that was not enough, finally

I took 'VitaBella' 's advice and went through the M$ fix for every apple system.

shut down the computer and rebooted.

ran the iTunes64Setup.exe

it worked

thank you!

As I told apple and M$ they can get away with this **** because we are all addicted to their products, when they work they are great and we want them. so they really don't need to worry about the problems because eventually we'll fix them ourselves

I really wanted to ditch apple, but now the appleMOB has me at high points....I have their phone, their software, their music and even (yes, I made the call with no force) their hearing aids......

maybe they'll take some of that $50 billion in cash they are sitting on to fix things..

maybe

thank YOU all for your help.

Mar 2, 2015 3:40 PM in response to VitaBella

Hi, I am running I.E 11.0 version 11.0.16. I too have had the iTunes64.msi bug for a while now. I have finally fixed it cleanly with parts of "foreverfriend" suggestion of using the "support.microsoft.com/fixit" program and your suggestions. One must run the removal of "ALL" of the iTunes software from the fixit program. There is a iTunes.exe program that it butted heads with and took some time(over 2 hours). I just walked away one evening and picked it up the next. It finished and I exited the program. Went to Apples website and downloaded/saved the iTunes program. I then ran the setup program I had saved and "POOF" all is well in the world. I am listening to Solo Pianos again. Wonderful and thank you for your help.

sorrellv

3-2-15

Sep 20, 2015 10:10 AM in response to foreverfriend

La solucion a este problema es ir a centro de soluciones de microsoft FIX IT y descarcargar la herramienta especifica para solucionar problemas de instalacion / desintalacion de programas, seleccionar itunes, al correrla esto soluciona la perdida del archivo y permite desintalar de manera correcta el itunes, luego se corre el instalador nuevamente del itunes .... y funciona

Missing itunes64.msi fixed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.