Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to allow WebDAV and other websites in parallel (rewrite problem?)

Hello,

I hope this is a simple problem to solve but right now I am stumped and happy to have not done more damage. I have no experience maintaining Apache BTW.

Background:

Mountain Lion server that is running a Wordpress site directly at /. Happy camper.

Now I need a WebDAV service for syncing certain apps and enabled file sharing of a folder with the WebDAV option.

As a result, I cannot reach my Wordpress site anymore. The browser first asks for a WebDAV authorization (wrong) and a little later simply stops in the middle of fetching the site, due to errors

• proxy: Error reading from remote server returned by /webdav// (hundreds of them)
  • server reached MaxClients setting, consider raising the MaxClients setting

The site config file of my Wordpress site includes the new line

Include /Library/Server/Web/Config/apache2/httpd_webdavsharing.conf

and this is causing the trouble. If I comment this out, everythings works again (but no WebDAV of course at the site url and port).

So I figure this is a rewrite (circular?) problem in the WebDAV inclusion (added below).

Any suggestion what I may try or what config information is missing for you to figure a solution is welcome.

Regards, Andreas

webdav sharing conf:

RegisterResource "WebDAV Sharing: %c %s" / main webdav

RewriteEngine On

RewriteOptions inherit

<Location /webdav>

Allow from all

AuthType Digest

AuthName "UserWebDAV Gateway"

Require valid-user

RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule (.*)/webdav/(.*) /$2 [DPI]

RewriteCond %{REMOTE_USER} (.+)

RewriteRule (.*) ${webdavmap:%1}$1 [P,DPI,CO=WebDAVClient:TRUE:%{SERVER_NAME},L]

</Location>

RewriteRule ^/webdav$ /

RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} WebDAVClient [OR]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} (OPTIONS|PROPFIND)

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/principals/.*

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/calendars/.*

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/addressbooks/.*

RewriteRule (.*) /webdav/$1 [PT,DPI]

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 4:50 AM

There are no replies.

How to allow WebDAV and other websites in parallel (rewrite problem?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.