Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound in YouTube videos but video plays.

I'm not stupid, I do have my volume up and the YouTube video isn't muted, but i have no sound when i watch YouTube videos. The video is playing but no sound. If anyone could help i would really appriciate it. Thanks!

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 6:08 AM

Also when i watch a video and there is an ad, the ad stops at 11 seconds. This happens with every ad.

11 replies

Sep 26, 2013 6:11 AM in response to Shananigan

Sound

1. System Preferences > Other/ Flash Player > Advanced > Delete All

Press the "Delete All" button

2. Install Adobe Flash Player.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Quit Safari.

Restart computer. Relaunch Safari.

Ads

Quit Safari.

Hold the shift key down and relaunch Safari.

Reset Safari.

Click Safari in the menu bar.

From the drop down select "Reset Safari".

Uncheck the box next to " Remove saved names and passwords".

Click "Reset".

Empty Caches

Safari > Preference > Advanced

Checkmark the box for "Show Develop menu in menu bar".

Develop menu will appear in the Safari menu bar.

Click Develop and select "Empty Caches" from the dropdown.

Turn off Extensions if any, and launch Safari.

Safari > Preferences > Extensions

Dec 16, 2013 11:11 AM in response to Shananigan

Thanks. Worked for me. Just quit everything, updated Flash (that did not fix it) and:

1. System Preferences > Other/ Flash Player > Advanced > Delete All

Press the "Delete All" button.

Selected "Delete all site data and settings" (NOT selected Delete all audio and video license files) and then clicked Delete Data.

Great!

Mac OS X 10.8.5 - Safari 6.1.

Dec 31, 2014 5:07 AM in response to ApMaX

ApMaX - THANK YOU SO MUCH!! This COMPLETELY worked for me! Just tried it now - Dec. 31st, 2014. I had been on other sites that had other instructions such as plugging headphones in and out or changing some other settings or even rebooting. I'm so glad you posted this solution, because I had no idea that my problem was restricted to YouTube videos until I reflected that this was the only place that I could repeat the problem since I don't have anything else with sound downloaded. And then I came across ApMaX's very simple solution and PROBLEM SOLVED! Thank you again. Please note I didn't try the other solutions listed in this post, so those may very well work also. I just tried tried ApMaX's because it looked the most simple to me. But Im thankful to all who took the time to post solutions for this issue.

No sound in YouTube videos but video plays.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.