Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to adjust Drum beats per. Minute without affecting other tracks in Garage Band

I'm fairly new at using GaragreBand. The other day, I created a song in GarageBand and I wanted to change the speed of the drums, so I adjusted the beats per. minute. However, this also changed the tempo of my other tracks. I don't want to that!

So How do I adjust Drum beats per. Minute or tempo of the drums without affecting other tracks in Garage Band?

Thanx!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 6:23 AM

In GarageBand you can only adjust the beats per minute of the whole project.

If you want to change only the tempo of the drum track, you have to use a work around, for example export your finished drum track as an audio file with a different tempo and reimport it.

• silence all tracks but the drum track.
  • set the tempo to higher value in the LED display.
  • Share the audio track to the disk.
  • Reset the tempo to normal and unsilence your other tracks.
  • Reimport the drum track.

Or, if you want to keep your drum a software instrument, edit the loops in the track editor to play faster.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2013 6:23 AM in response to Andrew Bosik

In GarageBand you can only adjust the beats per minute of the whole project.

If you want to change only the tempo of the drum track, you have to use a work around, for example export your finished drum track as an audio file with a different tempo and reimport it.

• silence all tracks but the drum track.
  • set the tempo to higher value in the LED display.
  • Share the audio track to the disk.
  • Reset the tempo to normal and unsilence your other tracks.
  • Reimport the drum track.

Or, if you want to keep your drum a software instrument, edit the loops in the track editor to play faster.

May 29, 2016 2:58 AM in response to Underflu

it kinda ***** a little

I have to silence other tracks change the tempo of the drums export then import it back in to the project after resetting the song tempo

trouble is I want to hear the whole song all tracks when adjusting the drum tempo

at least if I could have two Garage Bands running at the same time I could easily achieve this, maybe I need two macs to get around this, expensive drums !

how to adjust Drum beats per. Minute without affecting other tracks in Garage Band

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.