Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud SMTP server not working from UK

What is happening at Apple? i have had this issue about 3 times over the last 2 years, and now it is back again.

I keep getting unable to send mail, bad username or password. the only thing that seems to work is to change teh output server to

p01-smtp.mail.me.com

This is a fix for the Mac OSX using Outlook but it does not allow you to sync your outgoing mail accoss IOS devices.

Anyone else seeing this issue????

John

OS X Mountain Lion, Also running XP via Parallels

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 6:23 AM

7 replies

Sep 26, 2013 8:11 AM in response to welshguru

I'm following this issue on another thread. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5370984?answerId=23173253022#23173253022&ac_cid=tw123456#23173253

I make the output server name change as you suggested below and was able to send mail - thank you.

But can you please help me understand what you mean by -- does not allow you to sync your outgoing mail across IOS devices?

Thanks

Sep 30, 2013 11:33 AM in response to welshguru

Like many, I too was receiving "5.7.8 Bad username or password (Authenticaton failed)." messages from Outlook for Mac 2011 (v 14.3.4). Per John's post above, after switching the outgoing server name from "smtp.me.com" to "p01-smtp.mail.me.com", I can once again send email. BTW, I recall a similar emall problem a while ago that also was due to a name change. Thanks, John!

Sep 30, 2013 2:41 PM in response to pokerpal

Hi pokerpal,

Thank You, just trying to help, this issue has been around for a few years in my expierence, then Apple do somethign and we can revert to the nromal servers, what is frustrating is that they say nothign about the issue , the cause or the remedy.... i think it is about time to get a little more professional about how they deliver support...

Apple are you listening ?????

John

iCloud SMTP server not working from UK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.