Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook display Out!!!

The charger charges my battery an you can here the laptop come on an the fans come on, but when I press the power button the white light on the front end comes on goes off then continues to beep in 5 second intervals until I turn it off. I tried using force restart the light just flutters comes on then continues the beeping noise. I looked on apple support forums an looked up what the beeping codes were an it says no ram install so I check that there's a 2 gig an 1 gig ram chips installed. I pulled one out an left the 2gig in an powered on display still is off an the beeping continues as usual.

What is going on? Us these repairable? Cause I run a home studio gfx editing video an vocal recording an I need my laptop working again.

MacBook

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 7:05 AM

1 reply

Sep 26, 2013 3:11 PM in response to Toni9113

You are right to suspect the RAM. The only way to test this is by replacing the RAM with new, tested RAM. By the way, a 2 gB and 1 gB are not the best combintation. Check what you mac can take and get the most it can use.

I use this site for life-time guaranteed RAM.

http://www.macramdirect.com

To pick the correct RAM it helps to know the Model Identifier of your Mac.

To find it in OS !0.8, go to Apple Menu / About This Mac / More Info / System Report

Model Identifier is shown in Hardware Overview.

MacBook display Out!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.