Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

128gb or 64gb for first iPad? photo consume 10gb of space on current 16gb (actual 13gb) iPhone.

I intend on buying the new ipad when it comes out later this year. I really want to get 128gb as i believe that due to a better processor and graphics media will go on to cosume more and more space. I really dont want the same situation as iphone, where my photos consumed 10gbs of 13 mostly during the first year of my two year contract leaving me unable to have many apps or take videos and forcing me to be conservative with my photo taking. I believe i may wish to take videos and more photos as i have enjoyed this on the iphone, and i want the ipad to be as useful as possible and perform as many tasks as possible, including possible using it for work and have the possibility of storing large files if neccesary. however, i dont intend to carry the ipad around in my bag as it is such an expensive peice of technology, i will be using it in the house and on holidays mostly. i find myself in a bit of a catch 22 as this will be my first ipad i will be very careful with it, however i believe that i may be able to eventually brave taking a 64g out of the house more as despite it being only a 80 pound difference in price, i seem to perceive the 128gb as much more valuable, even though at that price range there is no real difference, however if i dont carry it around much will i find that i use much less memory? I would like the ipad to last about 2-3 years without running out of storage, having enough storage at all times not to have to go without something - like avioding videos etc, but wouldbe annoyed if i didnt use at least 80% of this in this time, however, i would also hate if, say , for expample i thought after 3 years its outdated and wanted a new one but felt i couldnt justify the purchase because of having a mass of storage left. Its so hard to decide as its my first ipad, so i actually wont know how much i use it for everyday tasks until i actually use it. i mostly take pictures and mostly likey videos, i will have some music, and possibly documents if i start using pages or numbers for small tasks, otherwise i didnt intend on many apps beyond what i deam essential + afew occasional games that dont all need to be stored on the device at the same time. please let me know what you think.

iPad

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 8:06 AM

Since Apple has made no announcements of a new ipad, that isn't a question that anyone here can answer. We do not know for sure what the available configuratins will be.

As a rule of thumb, purchases as much storage as your budget can handle. IOS device hardware cannot be upgraded.

4 replies

Sep 26, 2013 8:25 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

I'm just assuming the new ipad will continue to be upto 128gb and the specs will be similar the the new iphone, ive been waiting for one with a thinner bezel anyhow as the thick one seems distracting. I can technically afford to get the 128gb but its still a chunk of money, i dont really know why i seem to veiw the 128gb as if it were double the price and value as the 64. i think the amount of storage makes me think of it as, effectively nearly a good laptop rather than just a tablet. I feel as if i would be far more upset if something happened to a 128gb than the 64.

128gb or 64gb for first iPad? photo consume 10gb of space on current 16gb (actual 13gb) iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.