Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best remote database for connet IOS App and how to do that ..

Hello ...

I'm new to Mac as well as ios developments.. Kindly anyone tell me, Is it possible to connect IOS app to remote database. If yes .. may I know what kind of databases available for this. And what kind of steps we have to follow when we code IOS app for connect remote database.

Your response would be highly appreceated.

Thank you.

Iranga

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 8:39 AM

3 replies

Sep 26, 2013 10:05 AM in response to Iranga

For a remote database you will want some kind of Linux-based shared hosting service. I use Dreamhost and I have been very happy with them. Your database should be MySQL or a close variant. Then you pick the transport protocol you are most comfortable with, such as XML or, preferably, JSON. Then you code a server and code your client.

Dec 3, 2013 8:23 PM in response to Iranga

Ideally, you need a REST server to connect to your remote database. There are many frameworks like Jackson and Jersey that are reasonable alternatives but it does require too much effort. One of my friends work at a startup that just came up with a way to get RESTful API to any of the SQL databases. You may want to try it out and see if it works for you at EspressoLogic.

What is the best remote database for connet IOS App and how to do that ..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.