Skip navigation

How can I delete all "hidden" contacts in iCloud?

140 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2013 9:15 AM by johncolucci RSS
johncolucci Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 26, 2013 9:15 AM

Here's my problem. iCloud stores old contacts, maybe ones I emailed once or twice. I heard of this issue months ago, and to remedy, all I could do was reset my phone and keep iCloud shut off so that it didn't store these old contacts.

Anyway, when I moved to ios7, I forgot this, and turned on iCloud as I got set up. I put my Gmail account in as normal. When I went to compose an email and typed in a couple letters of the person I was intending to write (from my Gmail contacts) I saw them, as well as a host of other old emails and knew it was iCloud. I confirmed this when I went into iCloud Web, which that email acct. I never used and is ermpty, and typed in the contacts in a compose message and voila, all these names appeared.

For my phone, I had to reset it again and make sure to keep iCloud off so I don't see those contacts, but this is a big issue - Apple is storing these old contacts that I want obliterated. There are personal reasons I deleted those contacts, and in the case of iCloud, it imported an address book from an old employer and none of those folks I ever want to see again.

Same for texting on the phone, I've noticed that if you delete a contact, they still live in the phone. I don't understand why we can't obliterate these. I don't get why Apple is insistent on us keeping these old contacts in our lives...

iPhone 5s, iOS 7

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.