Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since the IOS, the sound is permanently on mute.

Hello Apple community,

I am new here and this is my first post but is in need of help. Since the IOS seven update was installed onto my iPad (second generation) my sound will not play on any games or applications. Some sound will work such as youtube videos and music from the Music application of which is built in. Though any other application will not play sound.

I have checked the Control Centre of which it says that the sound is on full volume but not a peep from my apps still. I checked the control switch on the side of my iPad which also is turned off (the orange dot is not shown). This has been happening since the IOS seven update and I am not sure if this is happening tho all other IOS seven users.

Help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 10:14 AM

There are no replies.

Since the IOS, the sound is permanently on mute.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.