Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 Mail Notifications: How to Stop for Certain Folders

Hi all,

I'm currently on a mission to tame my email.

On my Gmail account, I recieve a lot of newletters and product advertisements, which, whilst are of interest to me, I don't want blocking up my main inbox. To get around this, I have set up a folder (Label) on Gmail, and Filters which will automatically move any newsletter/sales emails into a folder called 'Promotions'. I then have this folder visible on the front screen of my mail app.

Ideally, I would like to only recieve notifications for emails that arrive in my main inbox, and not be notified about these less important promotional emails. As I recieve quite a few throughout the day, I don't want unimportant emails causing my lock screen to light up several times, causing unneccesary battery drain.

My question therefore, is how can I disable notifications in iOS 7 Mail for specific IMAP folders? Or even for all folders other than the main inbox.

By doing so, it would mean I only get notifications about the emails that really matter.

I'm fairly sure this isn't possible, as I've checked through all the mail settings and notification centre options, but if anyone can offer any solution to this it would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance for you advice,

Luke

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 10:16 AM

2 replies

Sep 26, 2013 10:21 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Thanks for your reply. I thought this was the case.

I have considered the alternatives you suggested, however setting notifications per account wouldn't help as they all come into my main personal email account, and as for VIP contacts, it would mean adding them all manually, which kinda defeats what I'm trying to achieve - having my main inbox full of emails that matter/need replying to, and bung the rest into a folder.

iOS 7 Mail Notifications: How to Stop for Certain Folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.