Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

finally IOS7 on my iPhone... now recovery mode?

Seriously.... I backed up on the 19th of September... attempted to do it a couple times today, but kept getting errors.... So, just took the plunge to update to IOS7. After a few attempts and after a long time of having the gears turn, it finally went through. when it came back on it instructed me to connect via USB to iTunes and is instructing me my phone is in recovery mode... I have to put it back to factory settings...

What in the world? Okay... so I am assuming if I restore (to factory settings), then restore with my backup from the 19th, I will lose anything from September 19 to now... but will I have to once again install IOS7. It took me like 3-4 tries and each time it took about an hour to come up with it not being able to install.

Is there a way around this? I have never had any problems with an IOS upgrade.

IOS4 16GB

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 11:10 AM

Restoring the phone automatically installs the latest iOS. Even if you restore from backup, it won't restore the older iOS, just your data

1 reply

finally IOS7 on my iPhone... now recovery mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.