Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any date to have this issue resolved?

I don't think it would be a good idea to upgrade and have the FaceTime HD camera not working. Purchasing a USB camera for those application is not a very good idea!

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 11:43 AM

5 replies

Sep 28, 2013 1:21 AM in response to dominic23

I Have literally looked over every possible solution from resetting the SMC to running scripts to enable/ disable the camera OR even adjusting the Quicktime plugins.

This is certianly an issue with the Macbook Air Mid 2013 models ONLY.

I am running 10.8.5 on my MacBook Air with Camera Model

Model ID: Apple Camera VendorID_0x106B ProductID_0x1570

Also, i did try and check this on my other 15"Mac Book Pro running 10.8.5 but it works perfectly well.

My Facetime HD Camera works with PhotoBooth, iChat, Facetime and NOT on Webex and Skype.

So much for getting the latest and the greatest.

Oct 9, 2013 3:49 PM in response to dominic23

Thanks Dominic for your reply. I wonder why it's taking that long to investigate such a simple issue. Another issue with my MacBook Air is: it does not communicate with my iPhone5 bluetoothly! I am not bothered by this that much as there are hundreds of available communication ways between the 2 devices. However, it still annoys me that 2 products from Apple cannot do such a simple communication! Literally I'm not using the bluetooth in my Mac at all and I wonder why it even exists!

Is there any date to have this issue resolved?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.