Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error 9 in itunes ?

how do i fix it i cant restore my iphone 4s

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 1:07 PM

13 replies

Jan 22, 2017 11:41 AM in response to pompe2013

All else has failed and you're feeling screwed, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chZSdY5HkV0

TLDR: Treat the phone just like a PC:

1. Open iPhone

2. Disconnect everything

- A. Unscrew square-ish metal piece at the top right to get at the connections to the screen, back camera and volume buttons

- B. Unscrew the long rectangle-ish metal piece next to the bottom right corner of the battery to get to the battery connection and lightning connector

3. Connect the battery and screen and see if it works

4. Connect the lightning connector to plug into iTunes

5. Plug in other connectors one at a time to see if they are causing the issue.

Sep 26, 2013 1:56 PM in response to pompe2013

Error 9

This error occurs when the device unexpectedly loses its USB connection with iTunes. This can occur if you manually disconnect the device during the restore process. You can resolve this issue by using USB troubleshooting, using a different Dock Connector or Lightning Connector to USB cable, trying another USB port, restoring on another computer, or by eliminating conflicts from third-party security software.

Jun 6, 2014 4:19 AM in response to pompe2013

I know this is a year or so later but this problem is troubling me now. I have tried 5 different cables, 3 ports, another computer, disabled my antivirus software and yet I can't get it to restore. Why is Apple allowing peoples investment in their iPhones to become a pain in the proverbial! What else can I try?

error 9 in itunes ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.