Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV no longer stream from iTunes Match

Since the last update Apple TV does not longer stream my music from iTunes Match. Also is the option for itunes match not longer selectable but on my ipad is it still working.

Apple TV

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 2:18 PM

3 replies

Dec 23, 2013 3:19 AM in response to K1ngLear

Did you ever get this figured out?

I am having this problem with my just-purchased Apple TV 3rd generation A1469, MD199LL/A, software 6.0.2.

iTunes on my mac is at the latest version 11.1.3.

iTunes Match has been, and continues to work for me on iPhone 5s. My Mac reports iTunes Match: iTunes library available in iCloud.

After enabling iTunes Match, I see "Setting up your Apple TV to stream music from iTunes Match. This may take a few minutes, depending on the size of your library and Internet connection speed." After this a thermometer bar slowly completes left to right, indicating some kind of sync info transfer is occurring. This takes a number of minutes. Some minutes are the thermometer bar completes, the following error message appears:

/_!_\ iTunes Match

There was a problem connecting to iCloud. Try again later.

( /_!_\ above symbolizes an exclamation point inside a yellow triangle. )

One thing which may be somewhat uncommon in my setup is that I have two Apple ID's. One is my iTunes Store Apple ID. This is used for all my iTunes purchases, iTunes in the cloud, and iTunes Match. The other is my iCloud ID. In Apple TV settings, iTunes Store is associated with my iTunes Store ID. I have tried with Apple TV iCloud associated with my iCloud ID, with my iTunes Store ID, and also signed out, with no difference in behavior.

Another thing which may be uncommon is I am using the Apple ID two-factor authentication (two-step verification) described here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5570?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US. Perhaps Apple TV has no way to deal with this? I have not tried disabling that as an experiment: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5631.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide - I would really like to operate from iTunes Match and so as not to need to have mymacbook pro on and running iTunes and home sharing in order to enable content to apple tv.

Joe

Apple TV no longer stream from iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.