Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The screen saver on my desktop uses Itunes album artwork for pictures. After I upgraded to IOS7, my screen saver now sys that i do not have any songs with artwork to use. Obviously they are still there. Any guesses?

After installing IOS7 on my Iphone 4S, my screen saver from my Apple desktop, which used to use Itunes Album covers for pictures, now is telling me I have no songs with artwork available to use for the screen saver.

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Apple, not windows

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 2:42 PM

1 reply

Sep 28, 2013 2:13 PM in response to TripBunchman

Hello TripBunchman,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like the Album Artwork function is not working as expected.

I found this article for you to help troubleshoot the issue:

OS X: iTunes Artwork screen saver is blank or states "Your iTunes Library does not contain any songs with artwork"

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4506

1. Download and install iTunes 11.0.1 or later.
  2. Open iTunes.
  3. Choose Music from the Library pop-up menu or sidebar, and then click Songs.
  4. Choose View > Show Duplicate Items.
  5. Click the Genre column heading to sort all duplicate songs based on their genre.
  6. Look for duplicate items in the "Voice Memo" genre.
  7. Press the Command key while clicking on each of the duplicate voice memos. For example, if you see a specific voice memo repeated three times, then you should click two of those voice memos while holding the Command key, leaving one copy of the voice memo unselected.
  8. Choose Edit > Delete.
  9. Click Delete Voice Memos and Move to Trash in the dialogs that appear.
  10. Choose View > Show All Items.
  11. Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences.
  12. Choose View > Desktop & Screen Saver.
  13. Click Screen Saver, then select iTunes Artwork.

The screen saver preview should now show artwork from the iTunes Library.

Cheers,

Sterling

The screen saver on my desktop uses Itunes album artwork for pictures. After I upgraded to IOS7, my screen saver now sys that i do not have any songs with artwork to use. Obviously they are still there. Any guesses?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.