Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exchange e-mail not sending under iOS 7.0 - 7.0.2

Hey all

So, like others, I am having issues with my exchange account and iOS 7. This is what I have found out and what I have tried - I have a brand new iPhone 5S:

1. When an email is sent from a desktop (OWA or Outlook), the email is received on the iPhone immediately.

2. When an email is sent from another iOS device running iOS 7.x, the email shows up after a 5-30 minute delay.

3. When an email is sent from MY 5S through the same exchange account, it appears to send correctly - makes the "woosh" event sound, and then it just disappears. Nowhere to be found - not in outbox, not in sent folder, not in another account - just disappears.

3a. One out of about 20 attempts will actually go through - generally some time later. It just appears in my sent folder out of nowhere.

Things I have tried to rectify the issue based on what others have recommended (none of these worked):

1. Wi-Fi off/on

2. Airplane mode off/on

3. Trying while on cellular data only.

4. Reset network settings (x 4)

5. Logged into the OWA, navigated to OPTIONS > PHONE and deleted my existing mobile profile.

6. Deleted the account and started fresh ( x 4)

7. Hard reboot.

8. IT guy deleted all "activesync" devices on his end (think this is the same as #5?) and tried fresh.

So here I am - whatever bug this is, its a doozey. I cant figure it out!

Thanks everyone in advance for any help you might offer!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7, iPad 3rd Gen - iOS 7

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 3:45 PM

8 replies

Sep 27, 2013 3:04 PM in response to firefighterjeff

Problem solved.

A few friends of mine were having the same issues with their iPhone 5S's as well. We think something got corrupted during the initial (from box to hands) iCloud restore.

Deleted the exchange email account, backed up to iCloud, performed a full 7.0.2 fresh install, conducted the recent iCloud restore (sans email account info), then added the exchange account. Everything started working correctly after the e-mails had a chance to sync back up.

Hope this helps.

Oct 25, 2013 10:21 PM in response to firefighterjeff

I have been through the same thing. It use to work until the upgrade. I have tried everything, and after my last test, I am thinking it may have something to do with Micorsoft server bl2prd0610. I have co worker and I had him try to send and it showed up in his sent folder immediately.. Only difference, he was on server bl2prd0611.

I also heard that Micosoft had been having caching issues. Not knowing if they are resolved, or if this is the cause, but I am going to call the hedpdesk on Monday. Until then I have bcc myself option turn on for emails and will move those to the sent folder. I'll keep you posted.

Oct 25, 2013 11:22 PM in response to firefighterjeff

Here is a link that can help set you up for IMAP. I set this up and get my sent mail now on my phone.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/web-apps-help/set-up-email-on-apple-iphone-ipa d-and-ipod-touch-HA102818554.aspx

Make sure after setup you go into

>Mail

>Settings IMAP Exchange (is what I called mine for the meantime)

>Account

>Advanced

>Sent Mail (change to on my iphone)

I will still place a call to Microsoft on Monday.

Exchange e-mail not sending under iOS 7.0 - 7.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.