Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I completely remove an app from the iPhone and the iCloud

I have an app that was originally downloaded by my wife on her iPad. At one point, because I had the "automatic download" turn on, that app got loaded to my iphone with HER Apple-ID.

What I want to do is now remove all HER Apps that were downloaded, and then I'll just download them with MY Apple-Id. However, I can't seem to find a way to remove these apps. I can go to my iPhone and delete the app, but they are in the sync that I have on my Mac. The app there gives only ONE option...INSTALL. I can't seem to remove it.

How would I remove apps COMPLETELY from my sync, iTunes and Apple-ID??

Thanks for the help!

iPad, iOS 5.1

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 3:45 PM

1 reply

Sep 28, 2013 7:20 AM in response to korkyk

Hello korkyk,

Thank you for providing all the details of the issue you are experiencing. I found some steps you can take.

To delete the app from iTunes, follow these steps without your iPhone connected to the computer:

Apps>Mac or PC

Before you delete, find out if you'll be able to download the app you deleted again (it depends on where you live).

1. Launch iTunes.
  2. From the Library pop-up menu, choose Apps.
  3. Click the app you want to delete.
  4. Press the Delete on your keyboard.

You can find the full article here:

How to delete content you've downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, iBookstore, or Mac App Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5772

You won't be able to delete the purchase from the Apple ID, but you can hide the purchase:

To hide your purchases

1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
  2. From the Store menu, choose Store > Sign In, and then enter your Apple ID and password.
  3. Go to the iTunes Store.
  4. Click Purchased from the Quick Links section on the right side of the iTunes Store.
  5. Choose a content type by clicking on Music, TV Shows, Apps, or Books from top.
  6. Hover your cursor over the item you want to hide.
  7. You will see an "X" either to the right or left top corner of the item.User uploaded file
  8. Click the "X" to hide that item. A confirmation dialog will appear once you click the "X."

You can find the full article here:

iTunes Store: Hiding and unhiding purchases

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4919

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

How do I completely remove an app from the iPhone and the iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.