Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I have two iTunes?

I tried the new iTunes 11 and hated it, it is a disaster for how I use my music. So I reverted to iTunes 10.

Now I'm not bothered about updating my iPad and iPhone to iOS7, but it has made me think that eventually these devices are probably going to REQUIRE iTunes 11, or 12, or 13.....

So is it possible to somehow install iTunes twice on a Mac? Could I keep 10 forever as a music player, and have the latest version for updating apps etc?

Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 4:01 PM

You need to have two separate Mac OS X systems to do that; setting that up requires installing the second OS on a different partition or drive.

(90052)

2 replies

Sep 26, 2013 4:18 PM in response to Niel

Thanks for that, so another OSX running in Virtualbox (which I sometimes have to use for Windows) would allow two iTunes to coexist. I might have to look into that. Wish it wasn't necessary, still can't believe how dreadful iTunes 11 is. 😮

Thinking on it now, can I happily update iPhone and iPad OS and apps over wifi without ever connecting them to iTunes again?? My music playing is mostly on the Mac anyway.

Would this "Cloud" that I keep hearing about allow me to send an occassional album to my phone? I've never actually used it. 😊

Can I have two iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.