Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different Folder size when looking at connected drive via Finder and Screen Sharing

Hello,

I'm seeing a bit of weirdness that I'm stumped by and was hoping someone might have a thought on what's causing it.

I have a late 2009 iMac (i7, 16 GB ram, running 10.7.5) that I use as my main system for both personal and work use. Since it only has a 1 TB hard drive in it, I decided it was time to put my iTunes media (of which there is a quite a lot) and some SND FX libraries I use for work on another drive.

I connected the iMac to my old Power Mac G5 Tower via Ethernet (2.3 GHz Power PC 1.1, 1 GB ram - used mostly legacy work on FCP 5 projects) and moved everything over and at a glance it all seems to be working great. However, when I went to make sure that all my media copied, I get two different results:

If I look at the folders in the finder of my iMac by navigating to their location on the G5, they appear to have the right amount of items in them and be the expected file size.

If I start screensharing, and look at the same folders via the G5's virtual screen, they are about 15-20 GBs smaller, and the "item" count is off as well.

So far nothing seems to actually be missing, but I'm stumped on why the numbers aren't the same and want to make sure it doesn't bode poorly for the future. If anyone has any insight it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

avi

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 27 inch 16GB Ram, 2.8GHz i7

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 6:38 PM

There are no replies.

Different Folder size when looking at connected drive via Finder and Screen Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.