Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mobile Applications will not save to Time Capsule...and iTunes keeps resetting default folder location

I have the latest iTunes 11.1 installed but I have been having an ongoing problem moving and storing my iTunes files to an external Time Capsule folder. I have successfully moved all of my movies, music, books and podcasts to an iTunes folder I created in the Data section of my Time Capsule. I am however unable to move Mobile Applications to this drive. Every time an app is updated even with iTunes Media folder location set to the external drive all Mobile Applications are stored on the internal drive. Additionally many times while downloading music or podcasts iTunes will create a new folder on the internal drive and reset the previous external Media Folder location I set up as a default. It's driving me crazy having to keep resetting to the external drive and trying to track down and move where files are being stored. I am doing my best to keep my internal drive with as few files as possible so that I can migrate to a smaller SSD on a new computer.

I've done a lot of research on the web and in the Apple Community but many talk about the problem being on a PC. I am on OS X 10.8.5 and am running iOS 7.

Please let me know if anyone has advice to adjust settings to keep the folder I have set up and have files stored to the external drive.

Thanks Apple Community!!!

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 8:05 PM

There are no replies.

Mobile Applications will not save to Time Capsule...and iTunes keeps resetting default folder location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.