Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally back up my new iPhone and it replaces my old iPhone backup

Hi everyone, need help here.

Today i went to my local telco to have my iPhone 5 changed due to some problems. and before that, i backed up my phone this morning at 10:25am. Then i changed my old phone to a new one and i came home to restore my 10:25am backup to my new iPhone. But i clicked wrongly, instead of clicking restore backup, i clicked onto back up now. and now my 10:25am backup is replaced with 3:03pm backup. Any ways to help me undo this action?

Please help!

Jeremy

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 12:24 AM

9 replies

Nov 12, 2017 3:49 PM in response to ngk22r

I was storing the backup from itunes to my new iphone than while apps were downloading i deleted the whatsapp and than later on i downloaded the whatsapp from appstore . now i have only text messages on my whatsapp, any media is not opening, such that pictures are black with ? and voicemails are not playing. is there anyway so i can get them back?

Regards---

Mairaj

Accidentally back up my new iPhone and it replaces my old iPhone backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.