Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please return the design iOS 6.3.1 for iPhone4S! Design iOS 7.0.2 is so sad! :-(((

Please return the design iOS 6.3.1 for iPhone4S! Design iOS 7.0.2 is so sad! :-(((

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 3:26 AM

20 replies

Sep 27, 2013 3:41 AM in response to ChanceMV

Dear Apple!

Please return the design iOS 6!

I used an iPhone for several years with joy, I was pleased to take him in hand. Today I upgraded to iOS7.0.2. When I saw the new design I almost cried. I am always happy to use your products, they were pleased to take over. Now it pains me to look at my iPhone. I want to go back to iOS 6! Please change the design or make a choice to use old!

I've never written messages, because I liked everything. But now it is a pain!

PLEASE RETURN THE DESIGN iOS6.1.3 TO PEOPLES!

Sep 27, 2013 3:51 AM in response to ChanceMV

Just in case you have not known, You can change the look of iOS 7 in several ways that may make you like it better.

1). Try another Wallpaper behind you Lock-Screen and/or Home-Screen. That can change the appearance significantly.

2). Reduce Motion if you don't like some of the 3D-like effects of iOS 7

3). Try changing the Font as this too can effect the overall look and feel.

4). Even adjusting the Contrast can have an impact.

Hope you learn to appreciate the new Release.

Sep 27, 2013 5:49 AM in response to ChanceMV

ChanceMV wrote:

I started to cry ...

my phone is like a child.

Your comparing it to a child? Seriously? Parents give their lives to protect their children. Are you saying you'd do that for your phone? No, it's a tool, like a hammer or a vacuum cleaner or a pencil. Investing that much emotion in a little piece of metall and plastic that will be outdated in a couple of years is just, well, kind of silly.

Sep 29, 2013 6:59 AM in response to ChanceMV

I'm confused as to why there is no setup option to set the look and feel for the phone.

It's not that a few things were improved, but rather the design team felt obligated to change the entire look and feel. The result is, of course, trauma for the customers.

The incredibly annoying and stupid thing is that with all the space available, nobody Apple bothered to allow the customer the choice of setting the look and feel for themselves (aka ourselves).

Thus, no matter how useful we found IOS 6 and loved the layout and look and feel, we're forced to do something we didn't not want to do.

So ... HEY APPLE SOFTWARE PROGRAMMERS! The next time you arbitrarily force changes on your customers do us the favor of making a choice of how much we want to be traumatized.

I've got 3 decades of working on different gui projects and am always astounded when product managers insist on changing things that customers use, that work just fine, but they feel they have to give work to justify the headcounts of their graphics teams and so-called ergonomics "experts".

Sheesh. How amateurish!

Sep 29, 2013 7:18 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I'm thinking ChanceMV meant to say something along the lines of "the phone looks like it's made for a child"....

And yes...the look is terrible......works great...makes the phone look like a prop for a clown...I'm happy I did NOT upgrade to IOS7 (and incase you ask how I know if I'm still running IOS6.x, my girlfreinds iPhones and iPads are running IOS7)

Sep 29, 2013 7:23 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St._Clair wrote:

..No, it's a tool, like a hammer or a vacuum cleaner or a pencil. Investing that much emotion in a little piece of metall and plastic that will be outdated in a couple of years is just, well, kind of silly.

Well said. If people would get this upset over wars, starvation,

and disease, environmental destruction, government corruption,

the world would be a vastly improved place to live.

Sep 29, 2013 7:46 AM in response to ChanceMV

Change is difficult and it is evidenced here that some would have a designer always include an option to retain the way a system looked and worked in each past release. Good luck with that. I find that most design change becomes what you wish you didn't have to give up the next time there is a major release. Some may want to review their personal dismay as iOS 6 was introduced ...now we don't want to give it up. Interesting!

Sep 29, 2013 9:20 AM in response to ChanceMV

Dear Colleagues, Thanks for your participation! I left Apple for feedback. the point is that I respect Apple. I do not want to break the system or engage downgrade. I think the company Apple is interested in, that its products are like the people. I hope that Apple will make the right decision and provide an opportunity for users to choose the design. I know that we tried our best. But for me personally costly exactly what was in the design ios6. Let user use that design theme, what he wants.

Thank you!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.