Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get e-mail @me.com

Hi,

Has anyone know how to get e-mail address @me.com?

Thanks,

Sandy

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 4:56 AM

You cannot get one any longer. Apple stopped giving out new @me.com addresses with the introduction of the @icloud.com email domain. Only people who already had an @me.com address before @icloud.com get to keep theirs (just as some people now actually have a @mac.com, @me.com and an @icloud.com due to legacy services they had with Apple and which they maintained throughout the various service changes over the years).

In fact now, all @me.com addresses are effectively nothing more than Apple internal aliases pointing to peoples icloud email accounts.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2013 4:56 AM in response to Maorriyan

You cannot get one any longer. Apple stopped giving out new @me.com addresses with the introduction of the @icloud.com email domain. Only people who already had an @me.com address before @icloud.com get to keep theirs (just as some people now actually have a @mac.com, @me.com and an @icloud.com due to legacy services they had with Apple and which they maintained throughout the various service changes over the years).

In fact now, all @me.com addresses are effectively nothing more than Apple internal aliases pointing to peoples icloud email accounts.

Oct 2, 2013 7:11 AM in response to Maorriyan

see http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4436

To create an iCloud account, you will need an AppleID (one not already associated with an iCloud account) and you can only create an iCloud account from an Apple device.

You can use iCloud from a web browser on a Windows PC or with the Windows control panel, but you cannot create an iCloud account from anything but an Apple device.

How to get e-mail @me.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.