Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Configurator refresh is removing MDM profile

I have noticed that with Apple Configurator 1.4 and IOS 7, every time I refresh an iPad, my MDM profile is removed. Has anybody else come across this? does anybody have a solution?

I have confirmed that the Apple Configurator preferences are set to NOT remove profiles that Configurator did not install.

Thanks,

iPad, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 4:46 AM

9 replies

Sep 27, 2013 6:46 AM in response to gcps

I am having the same issue. I see under preferences there is an option to uninstall apps and profiles not installed by configurator. I do not have this checked. I just spent 3 days connecting our school districts iPads to the Profile manager on our Mac Server and installing about 60 free apps on each device. I do not want to have to repeat this as I add the paid apps with configurator. I am still running 6.1.4 because I have not fully explored the security issues with iOS7 yet and I am not prepared to deal with 300 users who do not know how to use iOS7. Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening?

Sep 27, 2013 10:56 AM in response to lkdsb

configurator 1.4. is bugged. Here is the notes from my apple support call.

"I am adding impact with our engineers for you regarding two known issues:

- Enrollment profiles for MDM being removed upon refreshing a Supervised device

- Paid apps changing to "Free" upon importing an App update"

Not really impressed that they threw this out there with these bugs.. I mean really.. that's two things that 3/4 of your customers that use configurator are going to use.

Oct 7, 2013 11:01 AM in response to lkdsb

I've had the same problem and we're running 1,000 ipads. To solve the "free" issue I had to bring in the VPP spreadsheets again. That solved that problem. Haven't heard anything from Apple as of this morning on the first problem of it removing the MDM but find that this is really time consuming. Redoing 400 iPads to just add it back in was not fun!! Especially when they rolled out 7.02! Would be nice if they would test this stuff before they sling it out there.

Feb 27, 2014 11:17 AM in response to wrivet

The issue was caused by a bug in Apple Configurator 1.4.1 It has since been resolved.

Thanks wrivet, but if you had taken the time to actually read the first post, you would see "I have confirmed that the Apple Configurator preferences are set to NOT remove profiles that Configurator did not install."

Apple Configurator refresh is removing MDM profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.