Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s and iOs 7.0 battery

Hello Friends,

I am using an iPhone 4s and just updated to the iOs 7.0.

I noticed that the battery indicator while charing directly from wall plug, never completes a charge.

The reen indicator shows as 100%, but the little lihtnin bolt does not chaneg into the plu symbol.

It has always chaned into a plug symbol since I bouht the phone about a year ago.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix anyone might know about?

Any advice would be extremely appreciated. I love this phone and would like to have it charging properly

Thank you in advance for your advice.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 6:29 AM

My iPhone 5 is the same. It must be a bug in iOS7.

Switch the battery percentage meter on and then disconnect your charger 5 mins after it shows 100%

16 replies

Sep 27, 2013 7:31 AM in response to David_1

If you have already bitten the bullet and gone to v7, be sure to update it to the latest v7.0.2 released yesterday. Not only does it solve the security issues with the lock screen, anecdotal evidence appears to indicate an improved battery performance.

In lieu of perusing the links offered above, beware of v7's new penchant for automatic app updating. Real battery gobbler as it keeps forever checking for any new version. Reminds me of little kids forever pestering "are we there yet???" on a classical family road trip....

Sep 27, 2013 11:00 AM in response to gail from maine

Thank you Gail, Courcoul, Sunking 101 and Peter,

I truly appreciate all of your insigths, feed back and knowledge.

Also for taking the time to help.

If indeed the 'plug' icon is not part of the new iOS 7 there is no issue.

When I get used to seeing something indicating a completed process, I tend to rely on it.

Thank you again to all who helped and brought more information and descriptive clarity to the topic.

Thank you Folks!

iPhone 4s and iOs 7.0 battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.