Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating an old Airport Xpress

Hi,

A friend gave me a very old Airport Express which has Firmware 6.3. I used my Snow Leopard computer to set it up and so far so good. The problem is that my 2 Mountain Lion computers recognize this Airport Xpress but cannot set it up. I think that I have to update its device firmware which now is 6.3...

I tried to do it from my snow leopard computer but it asks me to manually upload the firmware update. The problem is that I cant find this file... I searched around the internet with no luck. Also Apple doesnt have a download link for this. Any ideas so to be able to update its firmware ?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 10:47 AM

I believe you can only update the older Airports by using AirPort Utility 5.6 for Mac OS X Lion

3 replies

Sep 27, 2013 1:31 PM in response to Joe Gramm

I did manage to find a mac wwith lion and I was able to install airport utility 5.6 (mountain lion didnt allow me to do this). But again same options as 10.6.8. No automatic firmware update. Only upload firmware... Where can I find those firmware updates ? Apple doesnt give any... and I couldnt find any by googling it... Please help...

Updating an old Airport Xpress

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.