Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

block caller on iphone

am i limited to the number of phone numbers i can block ?

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 8:13 AM

8 replies

Sep 27, 2013 8:40 AM in response to johnnybgood

johnnybgood wrote:

No error messages. I just wanted to know more about the block caller feature.

Verizon limits you to a certain number of numbers you can block.

If there is a limit in iOS 7 it would likely be an overall memory limit on the size of the blocked database blacklist file. And you can fit an awful lot of entries into just a few megabytes of storage, so it likely would be huge, if such a limit exists at all.

Also note that what verizon or any carrier does is different. Carriers offer true call blocking - where they intercept the call at their switches before it ever goes to your handset. If blocked by the carrier, you have no knowledge of it.

iOS uses call blacklisting - this relies on the call connecting so the handset gets the caller ID information. It then checks that caller ID against the blacklist of blocked numbers and then lets it through or hangs up on it. But the call actually does connect, even if just briefly, and it can only block based on the caller ID information.

block caller on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.