Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having hard time with iOS7 Color Scheme, can I re-set back to older iOS version?

I don't know why Apple changed the color scheme of the phone dial pad, email and text message keyboard, calculator and other apps.

I have a vision issue and realize this may be a personal issue but I liked the older versions better because they were easier on the eyes, iOS 7 features white on white tones that are hard to see.

If apple doesn't fix this issue I will have to replace my device because i'm finding it difficult to use especially in the sun or bright places.

Does anyone know how I can revert back to the previous version of iOS? I care more about my eyes and being able to use my phone than the new features iOS 7 offers.

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 9:38 AM

4 replies

Sep 27, 2013 10:31 AM in response to Marcoense

Marcoense I have issues with the new color and text schemes as well. It's not a perfect fix but what improved things for me was to change the wallpaper to my own photos with better contrast. Than in Settings/General/Accessibility I turned on Bold Text, Increase Contrast and Reduce Motion. This made it much better for me. Hope it work for you as well.

Sep 27, 2013 11:50 AM in response to R8ider

Yes, I also changed the background and it helped a little.

The old iOS versions were nicer and easier on the eyes, Apple should offer a way to change the backgroung colors and font color.

I tried reverting the colors in the Accessibility feature, the coiors are much better but it turns photos to a negative tone, I'm blind but not that blind :-)

Thanks

Sep 27, 2013 12:44 PM in response to Marcoense

It appears Apple got so caught up in making a new look, they forgot what looks good. The older colors were so much easier to see and read in different lighting conditions. Now I find this washed out pastel look plain awful. When I tried that accessibility feature I at first loved the easier to see screen - then I brought up a picture which of course was awful. Why can't Apple give us back our old look while maintaining the great new ideas they brought to the table. There's so many great features but gee in some ways they've actually gone backwards. This coming from a true Apple addict.

Having hard time with iOS7 Color Scheme, can I re-set back to older iOS version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.