Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Budget Apple Laptop

I sold my Late 2008 MacBook Pro to my roommate recently (I wanted to try something new.) I figured I'd try a Windows PC again. Big mistake. I've been using a Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop. I've been fed up with it since the day I got it. It has a 3rd Generation Intel Core i7 Processor @ 2.2 GHz w/ 8GB of DDR3 RAM, and an Intel HD Graphics 4000 Chip.

It cost me $599 (the worst $599 I've spent in my life.) even want to get into all the problems I've been having. I promised myself that every computer I buy in the future is a Mac. It may sound like a nice, powerful laptop. Wrong. It's specs are good, but it's big, clunky, runs Windows 8, and the battery life *****.

I don't want to spend another $2000 on a MacBook Pro, I just want another Mac. I've been looking around the Ebay, the Mac of All Trades, etc. I have been eyeing an upgraded Late 2008 Alluminum MacBook or an Upgraded 2010 MacBook White Unibody. I can pick one up for about $450 - $500 You may ask why I didn't just

upgrade my. MacBook Pro instead of selling it. Well, I didn't want to go through all the trouble of upgrading it, and I didn't think it'd be worth it in the long run. Also, I wanted to try out a new computer. What do you guys thing?

Thanks,

David

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 9:36 AM

Does it have to be a laptop? What about an actual Apple refurbished Mac mini for around $500? You would need a monitor too though.

Or, a refurbished MacBook Pro 13.3" for $1000-$1200?

Just the nice thing about an Apple refurb is it will be like new, and comes with a full one year warranty.

Maybe I'm just cynical with age now, but I just stay well clear of used stuff as so much ends up just being a ripoff, or at best, a huge disappointment (I abandoned eBay years ago and will never go back to it). Unless, I suppose, it was used from a local store or business that I trusted, or at least knew I'd be able to find again and come back to.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2013 9:36 AM in response to Beige1997

Does it have to be a laptop? What about an actual Apple refurbished Mac mini for around $500? You would need a monitor too though.

Or, a refurbished MacBook Pro 13.3" for $1000-$1200?

Just the nice thing about an Apple refurb is it will be like new, and comes with a full one year warranty.

Maybe I'm just cynical with age now, but I just stay well clear of used stuff as so much ends up just being a ripoff, or at best, a huge disappointment (I abandoned eBay years ago and will never go back to it). Unless, I suppose, it was used from a local store or business that I trusted, or at least knew I'd be able to find again and come back to.

Budget Apple Laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.