Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After i0s 7 update, can't use touch screen to close down open apps

Since updating my iPhone 4S yesterday (Sept. 26, 2013), I can no longer just hold my finger on an app to close it. It doesn't "jiggle" nor does the red <-> sign appear. When I lift my finger after waiting a while, it just re-opens that current apps window again.

I am on limited minutes, and now my internet, messages, facetime, etc will not shut down. I've restarted my phone hoping that might help, but all the apps are still open. Any ideas???

Thanks 😀

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 10:35 AM

2 replies

Sep 27, 2013 3:37 PM in response to KalebsDad78

Thank you for your answer 😀

I did mean after double-tapping the home button, then holding the icon of the app you want to close until the red minus sign appears then touching it to close it. Previous to ios 7, this is how my iPhone closed open apps, now it has changed to the "swiping up" on the app, but I didn't know that till I posted this question and then saw someone else who also had asked this question and received this information, lol.

Thank you for taking the time to write.....

After i0s 7 update, can't use touch screen to close down open apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.