Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to share music projects between iPad 4 and iPhone 5

I use garageband to record my songs on my iPad4. I bought an iPhone 5 and i want to have all my projects on it.

First I made a backup of my ipad and used it to start my iPhone, but the files were out of date. I also tried to Sync and shared it via iCloud, but everytime I want to hear my song on the iPhone, it overwrites the song with the old iPhone (backup) file.

Actually, I want to edit and record my songs only on the iPad and keep my iPhone files updated to hear it when i want to, without overwrite the updated songs.

Is there any way to set a priority for my iPad?

I hope you can help me.

Thanks!

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 10:48 AM

That is difficult, if you are syncing with iCloud. Whenever you open a project on your phone, it will be considered a newer version and updated in iCloud.

Actually, I want to edit and record my songs only on the iPad and keep my iPhone files updated to hear it when i want to, without overwrite the updated songs.

If that is so, then you would not need the GarageBand projects on your phone, only the audio files in the Music.app. Then it would suffice to share your iPad songs to iTunes, if you have a computer and to sync the iPhone with iTunes.

See all options to share GarageBand songs in the online help:

Share GarageBand songs

But if you really want the GarageBand projects on your iPhone, not only the audio files, I'd suggest to delete all projects from your iPhone and from iCloud and start over.

And if you have a Mac, share your projects from to iPad to your Mac, usuing iTunes, then to your iPhone using iTunes.

Or, if you want to share using iCloud, download and rename the projects on your iPhone and do not open them while they are still in iCloud.

Regards

Léonie

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2013 10:48 AM in response to danilaw

That is difficult, if you are syncing with iCloud. Whenever you open a project on your phone, it will be considered a newer version and updated in iCloud.

If that is so, then you would not need the GarageBand projects on your phone, only the audio files in the Music.app. Then it would suffice to share your iPad songs to iTunes, if you have a computer and to sync the iPhone with iTunes.

See all options to share GarageBand songs in the online help:

Share GarageBand songs

But if you really want the GarageBand projects on your iPhone, not only the audio files, I'd suggest to delete all projects from your iPhone and from iCloud and start over.

And if you have a Mac, share your projects from to iPad to your Mac, usuing iTunes, then to your iPhone using iTunes.

Or, if you want to share using iCloud, download and rename the projects on your iPhone and do not open them while they are still in iCloud.

Regards

Léonie

How to share music projects between iPad 4 and iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.