Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i need help!!

hello, i'm using idvd for the first time and have some trouble... i have just spent the best part of last day finishing my 60 min video on final cut. now is the time to burn it onto dvd! the quicktime file i exported is about 13 gig. idvd says it's too big. surely a dvd can fit more than 60 mins of footage...? urgent advice is sought. i'm working to a deadline and time is getting the better of me!
thanks

mac book pro

Posted on Jun 27, 2006 11:05 AM

3 replies

Jun 27, 2006 11:25 AM in response to Len Goff

thanks for your time but im not sure if my question is answered or not... turns out the memory problem was with the hard disk, not the size of my file. it's starting to burn now. what i guess i really want to know is how my 13 gig quicktime file fits onto a 4.7 gig dvd? if this is burning at the moment will it give up halfway saying the file is too big? educate me!

Jun 27, 2006 12:58 PM in response to pete_schnapps

13 gig quicktime file fits onto a 4.7 gig dvd

iDVD will compress any quicktime file it can read into MPEG2 VOB files, the standard for Video DVDs.

Your 13 GB quicktime file, as long as it is less than two hours, can be squeezed to fit. Yes you will lose some quality.

"Normal" DV qucicktime files from iMovie are 2 GB every 10 mintues, so a two hour DV movie is approximately 24GB - and iDVD can squeeze it to fit on a 4.7GB DVD.

John B

i need help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.