Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whenever i want to update my apps the iTunes box pops up for you to sign in but the account it's asking me to sign into isn't mine and i do not know how to sign in using my account

The email that iTunes wants me to sign into is my mums which is weird because my mum has never touched my ipod so i don't why iTunes is asking me to sign into her account.

I've tried finding ways to change it but i can't seam to.

Another thing is that when i download an app, iTunes manages to get the email right and the box pops up with my email account and not my mums.

Please help me change this because i cannot update my apps.

Many thanks

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 1:30 PM

- Apps are locked to the account that purchased them.

- To update apps you have to sign into the account that purchased the apps. If you have apps that need updating purchased from more than one account you have to update them one at a time until the remaining apps were purchased from one account.

To change the login

- Go to settings>Store and sign out and sign into your account.

You may have apps purchased with her account that need updating.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2013 1:30 PM in response to shadeenlois

- Apps are locked to the account that purchased them.

- To update apps you have to sign into the account that purchased the apps. If you have apps that need updating purchased from more than one account you have to update them one at a time until the remaining apps were purchased from one account.

To change the login

- Go to settings>Store and sign out and sign into your account.

You may have apps purchased with her account that need updating.

Whenever i want to update my apps the iTunes box pops up for you to sign in but the account it's asking me to sign into isn't mine and i do not know how to sign in using my account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.