Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just purchased and downloaded MPEG-2 playback component

I just purchased the QT mpeg-2 playback component and it doesn't appear to be installed. I'm trying to use it in conjunction with MPEG Streamclip to convert a DVD movie to Quicktime. Streamclip keeps saying the playback component is missing. What can I do/

Mac Pro (Early 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 1:21 PM

3 replies

Sep 27, 2013 2:01 PM in response to RClark Art

I just purchased the QT mpeg-2 playback component and it doesn't appear to be installed. I'm trying to use it in conjunction with MPEG Streamclip to convert a DVD movie to Quicktime. Streamclip keeps saying the playback component is missing. What can I do/

Double-click the installer package icon to install the codec automatically to the proper location.

User uploaded file

Sep 27, 2013 2:33 PM in response to RClark Art

I didn't get a regular installer package icon. It just downloaded to who knows where. I've tried to download again but that doesn't seem to be possible either. Any suggestions?

The "QuickTimeMPEG2.dmg" file should download to your default download location. If you have not changed this location, then it should be in your "Download" folder assuming you are on a Mac. If the DMG file did not automatically open to display the "QuickTimeMPEG2.pkg" file, then you will have to manually open the DMG file by double-clicking it. Once the package file is visible, you can then double-click it to initiate installation of the codec component.

User uploaded file

Just purchased and downloaded MPEG-2 playback component

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.