Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Newsstand cannot be closed with gestures

If I open newsstand in iOS 7 I can't seem to close it using a 5 finger pinch. Also, if I try to close it by swiping up it doesn't close and I can't access the home screen anymore. Is anyone else having this issue? I can close newsstand using the home button but it should react to gestures also right?

iPad, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 2:15 PM

My understanding is it only closes with the home button.

9 replies

Sep 27, 2013 3:09 PM in response to deggie

I've already sent feedback about all the white in iOS 7, I'm gonna let this one slide for now. iOS 7 is probably gonna end up in the Apple mistake section anyway along with the round USB mouse and the Cube. I've replaced all the native apps I don't like, more fun than complaining about everything.

Sep 27, 2013 3:12 PM in response to Mart65

I've sent feedback telling them how much I appreciate all the white space in iOS 7, makes it much cleaner and easire to read and navigate. Love the new native apps including Weather, Stocks, Reminders, (I use Fantastical so I'll pass on iCal), Contacts, etc.

This is version 1.0 of the Jony Ives iOS, I'm sure it will change in the future.

Sep 27, 2013 3:47 PM in response to deggie

Maybe you're right, time will tell. I do appreciate the fact that Apple is trying something new and seems to understand that a mobile OS is not a desktop OS and the iPad is not a tiny Mac. That's a mistake Microsoft made with Windows 8. Jony Ive did design the round mouse though, I still have 2 and they always make me smile when I see 'em. Gotto love Jony... :)

Newsstand cannot be closed with gestures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.