Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 7 is killing my iPhone 4S battery in 8 hours. ON STANDBY

I've turned off bluetooth, wifi, virtually everything that you can imagine and this ios is eating my battery in record time without even using the phone. I used to get 36 to 48 hours on mild use and standby. Now it's down to 20% in 6 hours without touching the phone. Apps are slower than they used to be and now the thing heats up when charging. It never did that before. SOMEBODY PLEASE tell me how to fix this. I went from loving to hating the iphone in a matter of hours.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 2:39 PM

10 replies

Sep 27, 2013 3:31 PM in response to WLS967

I have the exact same problem... also iPhone 4S...

Phone gets hot while charging and can't stay on overnight without being connected to a power supply. I have to charge it several times a day... once was enough on iOS 6.

Tried turning everything off... no change.. tried a hard reset and restore... no change... Had none of these issues before iOS 7.

FIX it Apple!!!...

Sep 27, 2013 3:44 PM in response to Mikovich

Mikovich wrote:

I did backup and restore earlier today... still losing power like crazy. Im gonna contact Apple on monday... but then again.. Im not sure this is a hardware issue... I have seen a lot of other people have the same problems. So it must have something to do with iOS 7.

No, it 'mustn't'. This is called coincidence. Are there some incidents in which iOS 7 is affecting battery life? Yes. But to broad stroke all battery issues on iOS 7 devices as an iOS 7 specific issue is simply ignorant and reactionary.

Sep 29, 2013 8:34 AM in response to WLS967

If you are using iOS 7.0.2:

My iPhone has the same battery draining/heating up problem after upgrading to iOS 7.0.2. Yesterday I visited an Apple Store and the Genius replaced my phone with a new one. I set up it as a new phone and upgraded to 7.0.2 again. The problem reoccured last night after I got home. I was very frustrated.

I restored my iPhone to iOS 7.0.1 (or 7.0 in your case) this morning. The problem seems to go away so far! I will probably upgrade only when 7.1 is out.

Hope this helps!

IOS 7 is killing my iPhone 4S battery in 8 hours. ON STANDBY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.